General Rules and Regulations
Data of the Service Provider
- Thermal and Medicinal Bath Company Ltd.
- Headquarters: H-4032 Debrecen, Nagyerdei park 1.
- Corporate registration number: 09-09- 002758
- Tax number: 11152266-2-09
- EU tax number: HU11152266
These “General Rules and Regulations” regulate the use of the Service Provider’s accommodation place and the services rendered there.
Special, unique conditions do not constitute a part of the General Rules and Regulations, but they do not exclude the conclusion of special agreements with travel agents, organizers, corporate partners, with different terms and conditions, case-by- case.
The services provided by the Service Provider are used by the Guest.
If the purchase order on the services is submitted by the Guest directly to the Service Provider, then the Guest is the Contracting Party. If the relevant terms and conditions are met, Service Provider and the Guest shall jointly become the Contracting Parties (hereinafter referred to as: the Parties).
In the event that the purchase order for the services is placed by a third person (hereinafter referred to as: the Mediator) on behalf of the Guest, the terms and conditions of the cooperation are regulated by the agreement concluded between the Service Provider and the Mediator. In this case the Service Provider shall not be obliged to check whether the third person represents the Guest lawfully or not.
In case of non-online reservation of rooms
Upon the Guest’s request for a quotation sent in writing or submitted verbally, the Service Provider shall send a quotation. The sale of rooms takes place depending on the free capacities, and the Service Provider shall confirm the reservations.
The Contract shall be concluded exclusively by the Service Provider’s written confirmation of the Guest’s reservation submitted in writing, and thus it constitutes a Contract concluded in writing. Reservations, agreements or amendments submitted verbally, or their verbal confirmation by the Service Provider shall not be deemed to be a contract.
In case of online reservation of rooms
The Guest can reserve a room also by using the online room reservation engine. In case of a successful reservation, the Guest shall receive a confirmation on the reservation in an automatically generated e-mail message.
The Contract shall be concluded by the Service Provider’s written confirmation of the Guest’s reservation submitted online, and thus it constitutes a Contract concluded in writing.
In case of an online reservation of rooms, the Service Provider reserves the right to review the confirmation sent automatically during the improper operation of the online reservation engine, and to amend it, if necessary.
The content of the Contract covers: the subject matter and place of the service, furthermore, the manner, duration and price of usage. Moreover, it includes also the terms and conditions of payment, cancellation and amendment.
For the amendment and/or supplementation of the Contract, a written agreement, signed by both of the Parties shall be necessary.
Basic services of the hotel
Hotel room types (all of them are air-conditioned and equipped with a room safe box, minibar, hairdryer and balcony):
- Double room: Equipped with two separate beds of 90 x 200 cm, pushed together; furthermore, a TV and bathroom (wash basin, shower and toilet). 24 m2
- Junior apartment: bedroom and living room in one area, with a rotatable TV in the middle. In the sleeping area, there is a double bed or 180 x 200 cm for two persons. In the living room area there is a pull-out sofa. Available also in a bunk bed version. In the bathroom there is a built, large shower, wash basin and toilet or a wash basin, a bathtub and a separate toilet. 36 m2
- Deluxe apartment: two bedrooms, with two separate beds in one of them pushed together (90 x 200 cm each), and with a double bed in the second one of them (180 x 200 cm). TV in both rooms. Available also in bunk bed and pull-out sofa version. Bathroom (bathtub, shower and separate toilet). 39 m2
- Luna Deluxe apartment: bedroom with a bed of 180 x 200 cm for 2 persons; in the living room there is a pull-out sofa. TV in the bedroom and living room. Possibility of cooking coffee and tea. Bathroom with a large, round bathtub and separate shower; wash basin and toilet. 48 m2
- Sol Deluxe apartment: two bedrooms, a living room and two bathrooms. In the bedrooms double beds of 180 x 200 cm and TVs can be found, and the living room is equipped with a pull-out sofa, a large work desk and a TV. Possibility of cooking coffee and tea. In the bathroom there is a wash basin, shower and toilet. 74 m2
- Terra Deluxe apartment: A large living room with a negotiation section, a pull-out sofa bed; bedroom with a double bed of 180 x 200 cm; two bathrooms, with an oval tub standing in the middle of the space in one of them; two wash basins and a glass wall on the wall shared with the bedroom. In the second bathroom a shower and toilet can be found. 86 m2
- The room established for people with physical disabilities: It has two separate beds of 90 x 200 cm pushed together, and with a bathroom established specially, in accordance with the relevant standards. Toilet adjustable up and down, shower with a shower curtain, wash basin. 26 m2.
- As a basic service, the hotel provides a buffer breakfast and buffet dinner (drinks are not included) to the Guests of the hotel, in the specified opening hours. It is prohibited to take out food or drink from the restaurant. If it still takes place, the Service Provider shall be authorized to record an extra breakfast charge on the Guest’s account, in addition to the breakfast, depending on the quantity taken out.
- The fulfilment of unique dietary needs is possible on the basis of a prior agreement.
Wellness and bath/spa services
- The wellness and bath/spa services provided by Thermal and Medicinal Bath Company Ltd. can be used in compliance with the internal operating policy of the specific departments. The internal operating policy is hanged out on the site.
- The use of medical treatments or cosmetic or hairdressing services is possible via subcontractors. Thermal and Medicinal Bath Company Ltd. does not assume any liability for the services provided by the subcontractors.
Leisure time service
- In order to entertain the guests, the hotel organizes programs for children and adults. The hotel reserve the right to change the program.
- The use of the children’s playground of the hotel and the participation in the programs takes place according to the internal operating policy of the children’s playground. The internal operating policy can be found at the entrance to the children’s playground.
- The use of the hotel’s gym takes place according to the internal operating policy of the fitness room. The internal operating policy can be found at the entrance to the gym.
Banquet halls and community spaces
- The use of the banquet halls shall be possible exclusively with a relevant, separate written agreement or the permit given by the hotel in writing. Exceptions from this are constituted by the programs - to be organized in the banquet halls - advertised by the hotel to the hotel guests. If the use of the banquet halls takes place wihtout the written permission of the hotel and a written agreement, the hotel shall be authorized to charge the daily tariff rate for the use of the banquet hall.
- The kitchenette located on the second floor of the hotel can be used by the Guests free of charge, in compliance with the internal operating policy. The internal operating policy is posted in the kitchenette.
- The tariff room rates of the hotel are placed out in the hotel room and at the reception desk of the hotel.
- The price lists of other services are available at the given departments (restaurant, wellness, etc.).
- Service Provider may modify his published prices without any prior notification.
- The prices include the extent of the value added tax (VAT) - valid at the time when the quotation was made - regulated by the law. With a prior notice, the Service Provider may pass the additional charges occurring due to the amendment of the tax law (VAT) in force on the Contracting Party.
- The local tax on tourism shall be payable in addition to the accommodation fee over 18 years of age. Its extent is HUF 400 per person, per night.
- The current discounts, promotions and other offers are published at www.aquaticum.hu.
Payment terms and conditions
- In case of a reservation made in advance, the terms and conditions of cancellation are included in the confirmation sent to the Guest. In case of a guest arriving without a reservation, the fee of services shall be payable on arrival.
- In case an advance payment is stipulated in the confirmation, if the payment is not fulfilled, the reservation of the room will be automatically canceled.
- Accepted methods of payment: cash, debit card, credit card, gift voucher, Elisabeth voucher, Plus Card, Széchenyi Rest Card.
- Travel agencies / Tour operators / OTAs / Cooperating partners: The contract concluded with the Service Provider includes the unique payment terms and conditions.
- Gift voucher: the gift voucher can be used only with the period of validity and in the value specified on it, depending on the free capacity. After the redemption period, the validity of the voucher expires. After its purchase, the gift voucher may not be marketed or resold.
Amendment of the Purchase Order
The movement of an already finalized and confirmed reservation to another date or the amendment of the head count shall be possible only depending on the free capacities and in accordance with those included in the confirmation.
Terms and conditions of cancellation
- The cancellation of the purchase order shall take place in writing.
- The terms and conditions of cancellation are included in the confirmation sent to the Guest.
- It is not possible to refund the price of the ordered and confirmed services which have not been used during the Guest’s stay in the hotel and the amended services (accommodation, meal, treatments, etc.). If the Guest wishes to leave the hotel earlier than the date and time of departure specified in the confirmation, the hotel is unable to pay back any accommodation fee.
- In case of a group reservation, event or conference, the confirmation sent to the client or the contract concluded with the client includes the specific terms and conditions for cancellation.
Method and terms and conditions of using the service
- The Guest may occupy the hotel room on the day of arrival from 2:00 p.m. (Check-in) and he shall be obliged to leave it on the day of departure by 10.00 a.m. (Check-out). The Guests must prove their identity according to the legal requirements, prior to occupying the room.
- The hotel does not accept guests suffering from an infectious disease.
- Simultaneously with the completed and signed check-in form, the Guest accepts the General Rules and Regulations of Aquaticum Hotel and acknowledges that he shall be obliged to comply with the internal operating policy of the specific service areas (hotel, spas, children’s playground, gym), if he wishes to use the services of the given service area. The information necessary during the stay can be found in the A to Z information note uploaded electronically to the TV. In addition to this, a receptionist is available for the Guests 24 hours a day at the reception desk of the hotel.
- Upon the check-in of the Guest, the hotel shall be authorized to ask for a security deposit in respect of the potentially occurring extra services and damages. The extent of the security deposit may vary depending on the services reserved, but it may be up to 200% of the value of the services reserved. The security deposit can be paid in cash or by way of credit card authorisation. In case of debit or credit card authorisation, after the departure of the Guest, in respect of the unused amount, the hotel shall make arrangements to release of the amount, towards the card accepting bank, within a maximum of 2 working days.
- The hotel does not assume any liability for injuries attributable to the Guest. The costs occurred due to deliberate vandalism may be charged forward by the hotel to the Guest.
- Smoking is forbidden throughout the hotel.
- If the Guest wishes to occupy the room on the day of arrival before 10.00 a.m., then - if the capacity allows it - it is possible, but in this case, the price of the previous night will be charged.
- On the day of departure, we charge a daytime room fee for the use of the room after 10.00 a.m. Information on its use must be requested on the day before departure, at the reception desk of the hotel. This service is only available depending on the free capacity. Information on the prices can be found at the reception desk or on the following website: www.aquaticum.hu.
- For reasons of hygiene, no pets can be brought into the accommodation place of the Service Provider. Assistance dogs constitute an exception from this. To certify is, the presentation of a certificate shall be necessary.
- If the Guest brings an animal to the area of the hotel without any prior notification, the Service Provider shall be authorized to charge an extra surcharge of HUF 20,000 per day per pet, furthermore, he will invoice also the cost of any damage caused by the animal and of the extra cleanup.
Refusal to perform the contract; termination of the obligation to provide the service
Service Provider shall be authorized to terminate the Contract on the provision of accommodation services with immediate effect and refuse to provide the services if:
- the Guest does not use the room or the facility - made available to him - appropriately.
- the Guest shows a problematic or rough behaviour towards the security, order and employees of the hotel, is under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or shows a threatening, abusive or other unacceptable behaviour.
- the Guest is presumed to suffer from an infectious disease.
- the Contracting Party fails to fulfil his advance payment obligations, specified in the Contract, by the date specified therein.
- In case the Contract concluded between the Parties is not fulfilled for “force majeure” events, the Contract shall terminate.
Service Provider shall be obliged to:
- provide/offer the services indicated in the Contract at the prices confirmed therein, for the period of time stipulated therein - or until the obstacle is eliminated - in another hotel of the same or higher category.
- pay the cost of the first night in the replacement hotel. If the Guest does not wish to return, then if the replacement hotel offers its services at a higher price than the price at which the Guest reserved the room at the Service Provider, the Guest shall be obliged to pay for the difference.
- provide the opportunity to the Guest to make telephone calls, free of charge, to communicate the change in the accommodation place.
- provide a shuttle service, free of charge, if it is requested by the Guest, to move to the replacement accommodation place offered and for any subsequent move back to the hotel.
If the Service Provider fully complies with this obligation, or if the Guest accepts the replacement accommodation offered to him, the Contracting Party can not have any subsequent claim for damages.
In case the Service Provider is unable to provide the services indicated in the Contract due to his own fault (e.g. overbooking, temporary operating problems, etc.), the Service Provider shall be obliged to immediately arrange the accommodation of the Guest.
Illness or death of the guest
- If the Guest gets sick during the duration of the accommodation service so that the Guest is unable to act on behalf of himself, the Service Provider shall offer medical assistance.
- In case of the Guest’s illness or death, the Service Provider claims compensation of his costs from the relative, heir or invoice payer of the patient/deceased; in respect of the potential medical and procedural costs, the price of services used prior to his death, and any potential damage occurred in the facilities or equipment in connection with the illness/death.
Rights of the Contracting Party
- Under the Contract, the Guest shall be authorized to use the room ordered, furthermore, the facilities of the hotel - in accordance with their intended use - which belong to the usual scpere of services and are not subject to special terms and conditions.
- In connection with the performance of services provided by the Service Provider, the Guest can submit complaints during the period of stay in the hotel. Service Provider takes the obligation to handle complaints forwarded to him during this period, justifiably, in writing (or recorded by him into a protocol).
- The right of the Guest to make a complaint terminates after departing from the accommodation place.
Obligations on the Contracting Party
- The Contracting Party shall be obliged to settle the consideration for the services ordered in the Contract by the date and in the manner specified in the Contract.
- The Guest shall ensure that children under the age of 18, belonging to the Guest’s responsibility stay in the Service Provider’s hotel only under supervision by an adult.
- It is prohibited for the Guest to bring their own food or drink into the catering units of the hotel.
The Contracting Party’s liability for damages
- The Guest shall be liable for all damages and disadvantages suffered by the Service Provider or a third person due to the fault of the Guest, or his companion, or any other persons under his responsibility. The Guest shall be obliged to pay the damage caused by him to the Service Provider (e.g. extra cleanup service: from a gross price of HUF 20,000). This liability exists also if the Injured Party requests the recovery of damages directly from the Service Provider.
- If the Contracting Party performs an activity that leads to a fire alarm, the potentially occurring costs (e.g., but not limited to the drop-off cost of the Fire Brigade) related to the fire alarm shall be borne by the Contracting Party.
Rights of the Service Provider
If the Guest fails to fulfil his obligation related to the payment of fee for the services used or the services ordered in the Contract but not used, but subject to payment of a contractual penalty, the Service Provider shall be entitled to a pledge for the assurance of his claims in respect of those personal belongings of the Guest which were brought into the hotel.
Obligation of the Service Provider
Service Provider shall be obliged to:
- fulfil the accommodation and other services ordered based on the contract according to the valid requirements and service standards.
- investigate the written complaint of the Guest and to take steps necessary to address the problem, which he shall be obliged to record also in writing;
The Service Provider’s liability for damages
- Service Provider assumes liability for any damage suffered by the Guest that took place within his facilities, demonstrably due to the fault of the Service Provider or his employees.
- The liability of the Service Provider does not cover those damage incidents which have occurred for unavoidable reasons beyond the control of the Service Provider’s employees and Guests, or which have been caused by the Guest himself, indirectly or directly.
- Service Provider may designate places in the territory of the hotel complex where the Guest may not enter. Service Provider does not assume any liability for any potential damage or injury occurred to the Guest in these places.
- The Guest shall immediately report any damage occurred to him in the hotel, and he shall provide all data to the hotel that are necessary for the clarification of circumstances of the damage incident, or potentially for recording the police protocol/for the police procedure.
- Service Provider shall be liable for valuables, securities and cash only if he has expressly taken over the object for guarding.
- Service Provider does not assume any liability for any personal belongings (including also the things and objects placed in the room safe box) left in the Service Provider’s public areas or rooms.
- The Service Provider does not assume any liability for the valuables left in the motor vehicle parked in the parking lot of the Service Provider, and the Service Provider will investigate the occurrence of damages to the parked motor vehicles, and if the damage was caused by negligence attributable to him, he shall reimburse it.
- The upper limit of indemnification is fifty times the amount of the daily room rate according to the Contract, unless the damage is less than this.
Protection of consumers’ interests, data protection
- During his activities, the Service Provider regards the protection of personal data as an issue of special importance. He shall handle the personal data made available to him always in compliance with the regulations in force, he shall ensure their safety and take all those technical and organisational measures and establish those procedural rules which are necessary for the compliance with the relevant regulations.
- The Service Provider summarizes his guidelines related to data management in a separate Data Protection Policy, which is constantly available at www.aquaticum.hu and he subjects himself to its content.
- The service activities of the Service Provider are subject to the professional supervisory rights of the notary of the City of Debrecen and the District Office of Debrecen.
- In the territory of the hotel security cameras are operated. After the time specified in the relevant regulations, the recordings will be deleted.
- In the territory of the hotel, photos and video recordings or journalist reports may be prepared occasionally. If not provided for otherwise by the Guest, the Service Provider shall be authorized to publish the recordings subsequently on any channel (typically: online and television media, printed media, printed materials prepared by the hotel, website, image and video sharing sites and social media). Guest shall be authorized to claim at the location of filming/photographing not to participate in the images. In this case, the Service Provider shall be obliged to prepare the photos/videos accordingly.
During the performance of his obligations included in the Contract, the Service Provider shall be obliged to act in accordance with the provisions of the Act on the Protection of Personal Data and Public Access to Data of Public Interest and of the regulations relevant to data pritection - and if the Contracting Party has informed the Service Provider about them - also the relevant internal rules of the Contracting Party.
The reasons or unavoidable external circumstances (for instance, but not limited to: war, fire, flood, natural disasters, power shortage or occurrence of a strike) which are beyond the Party’s control (force majeure events), shall relieve any party of their obligations arising out of the Contract, as long as such reason or circumstance persists. The Contracting Parties agree that they will do everything they can to reduce the possibility of occurrence of these reasons and circumstances to the lowest possible level, and to correct the damage or delay caused by this as soon as possible.
The law applicable to the legal relationship of the Parties and the acting court
For the legal relationship between the Service Provider and the Contracting Party, provisions of the Hungarian Civil Code shall prevail. The court with jurisdiction according to the place of the service shall be the competent court for conducting any legal suit arising out of the service contract.